Learn and Grow
First Unitarian Society offers feature provocative and stimulating speakers engaged in important community issues and contemporary ideas. A “First Hour” event is offered first Sundays from September through May at 9:30.
Drop-in programming, Sundays at 9:30am at the Society:
- March 26 — “Together We Can Make it Okay” with Bruce Ario from NAMI Minnesota and the FUS Mental Health Awareness Team
- April 2 — “Insist, Resist, Persist.” R.T. Rybak will discuss how, when he was mayor, Unitarian Universalists were usually the first group he went to for community engagement. Former Executive Director of Generation Next and former mayor of Minneapolis, Rybak is currently President and CEO of The Minneapolis Foundation.
Recent programs have included:
- “Foreign Policy Under the Trump Administration” with Ann Wright, retired diplomat and Colonel in the U.S. Army.
- “How to Sue the President in 3 Easy Steps.” Hear the story of an Iranian couple who got caught in the chaos of the travel ban and their legal fight to be reunited in Minnesota.
- “Racial Disparities in the Criminal Justice System in the News” with MPR Reporter Brandt Williams
- First Hour programs are listed with other activities at the Society at http://firstunitarian.org/upcoming-events/