First Unitarian offers numerous small group opportunities
- See Social Justice page for activities
- See Adult Education page for talks, films and book discussions
- See First Sunday Forum page for special guest speakers
Young Adult Group (18-35)
- Young Adult Game Night
Thursday, January 11, 7-8:30 pm, Skyline Room. Come hang out with other young adults as we play a board game and chow down! Pizza and soft drinks will be provided. Communicate in advance about any dietary restrictions. Feel free to bring snacks or desserts to share!
- Young Adult Discussion Circle, Sunday, Jan. 21, 12-1:30 pm, Circle Room. This month we will focus on the topic of success and failure. We will incorporate readings, guided questions, and interactive exercises.
Childcare provided upon prior request. For more information, please contact Ministerial Intern .
Men’s Support Group – resumes this monthOnce a month, male-identified members and friends of FUS get together to talk and listen about what’s really going on in our lives. To learn more or join our email list, please contact .
- Dementia Caregivers Support Group
Third Tuesdays (January 16), 10:30-11:30 am, Senior High Room. For more info, please contact FUS member .
- Women’s Awareness Group will not meet in January. The next meeting will be Monday, February 12.
- GPS: Navigating through life together.
Wednesday, Jan. 10, 7-8:30 pm, Dietrich Room.The purpose of GPS is to create a safe space to have meaningful conversations, share and learn from each other, and develop deeper relationships within the FUS community. The group is free and open to all who identify as women. Email for more info.
Knitting GroupSecond & Fourth Wednesdays (Jan. 10 & 24),2-3:30 pm in the Library. Bring your knitting project and enjoy the conversation! For more information, please .
- Movies and Conversation
Last Friday of the month. Current releases are chosen via email prior to heading to the theater. to join the list, see some great films, and enjoy lively discussions!
- FUS Game Night, Saturday, Jan. 6, 4-8:00 pm in the Skyline Room. This intergenerational event is open to everyone! Pizza is available ($4/person) or bring your own meal or a salad, dessert, or beverage to share (no tree nuts or peanuts). RSVP to by Jan. 3 if you want pizza and/or need childcare for young children. Bring games if you have them.
- Drop-in Grief Group, Saturday, January 20, 1:00-2:30 pm in the Circle Room. If you are experiencing the loss of a loved one, you are invited to this drop-in grief circle facilitated by Rev. Jim Foti. We’ll remember those who have died and reflect on the many paths that grief can take. Contact with questions.
FUS Jobs & Networking Group, Sunday, Jan. 7, noon-1:30 pm in the Circle room.This is a meeting for anyone interested in attaining a new job or in assisting others to do so. For more info about the group, please contact FUS member .
It’s Valet Parking season!If you aren’t able to travel long distances on the sidewalk, our volunteer valets are available at FUS on Sunday mornings during the winter months to park and retrieve your car. Just pull up to the Mt. Curve entrance between 10:00-10:30 am, and a valet will come out to greet you. For more info, or if you’re interested in becoming a volunteer valet, please or call 612-926-8692.
Stop by the Caring Card Basket each SundayOur new, easier-to-use Caring Card basket is available every week during the mini-meal so you can quickly send good wishes to FUS members who are celebrating a joy or facing a challenging time. You share your thoughts, we pay the postage, and positive connections happen!
Mental Health Awareness TeamFor more information about this active group, please contact Ministerial Intern .
Unitarian Universalist connections
Twin Cities Unitarian Universalists of Color
The People of Color Circle at First Universalist Church is reaching out to Twin Cities congregations to foster greater connections among UUs of color. If you are a person of color interested in learning more, please contact .