Senior High Youth Group
The Mission of the Senior High Youth Program is to create a safe, trusting, and open-minded setting where youth feel a sense of ownership and freedom to express themselves. These programs will foster community among youth and between youth and the Society as a whole.
Youth Programs provide opportunities to learn and apply Unitarian Universalist values, explore life issues, prepare youth to be responsible members of the Society, develop self-esteem and self-respect, learn about other religions, demonstrate social responsibility, explore one’s own spirituality, and have fun.
Groups meet Sunday mornings from 10:30 – 11:45 during the regular church year.
Sample Service Projects
- Painted, planted flowers and maintained the playground at a 24 hour nursery on Minneapolis’s north side.
- Participated in Night on the Street where they sleep outside in boxes rising money for the homeless, and they have collected food and clothing for the needy.
- Participated in Habitat for Humanity Projects
- The Gospel According to the Simpsons
- History of Unitarian Universalism
- Senior high version of the Our Whole Lives sexuality program
- Planning and hosting workshops for other Unitarian-Universalist youth
- Trip to the Unitarian-Universalist headquarters in Boston every three years
- Attending the Unitarian-Universalist General Assembly
Overnights, movie nights and other fun
- Registration Forms
- Volunteer to Teach
- Volunteer to Assist with Religious Education
- Return to Main Religious Education Page