We Want You to Feel Welcome
We realize that the Unitarian Humanist tradition is unfamiliar to many. Our programs may look like those of traditional churches but you would soon find that the First Unitarian Society is filled with fresh air. We are a community formed around common values rather than fixed creeds. The home page of this website lists our aspirations, reflecting those values.
The following links may be of special interest to those who are “checking us out” or otherwise need some quick information about our facility.
- Frequently asked questions for Sunday visitors
- How to find us
- Parking around the Society
- Programming for children and youth
- Life passages that we celebrate
- What Makes the First Unitarian Society of Minneapolis Unique?
- A Wikipedia History of the Society
- A little about Unitarian-Universalism
- A little about Humanism
- Becoming a member
- Renting our facilities
Work is almost complete on our $4MM upgrade of our Mid-Century Modern home. Odds and ends remain to be completed, but don’t hesitate to visit our new and improved facility with:
* An elevator serving all levels
* Accessible entrance from the Groveland Avenue side
* New all-gender restrooms
* Energy-efficient windows throughout the building
* Modern, year-round HVAC system
* New playground equipment (the “FUS Beagle”)
* And more that is not necessarily glamorous, but still valuable