We Want You to Feel Welcome
We realize that the Unitarian Humanist tradition is unfamiliar to many. Our programs may look like those of traditional churches but you would soon find that the First Unitarian Society is filled with fresh air. We are a community formed around common values rather than fixed creeds. The home page of this website lists our aspirations, reflecting those values.
The following links may be of special interest to those who are “checking us out” or otherwise need some quick information about our facility.
- Frequently asked questions for Sunday visitors
- How to find us
- Parking around the Society
- Programming for children and youth
- Life passages that we celebrate
- What Makes the First Unitarian Society of Minneapolis Unique?
- A Wikipedia History of the Society
- A little about Unitarian-Universalism
- A little about Humanism
- Becoming a member
- Renting our facilities
Pardon our dust!
In the spring and summer of 2017, we will be remodeling and updating many of our facilities. Programming will continue without interruption, but we don’t want you to be surprised by construction signs or seeing some rooms closed off. When we are done, we will offer elevator access to all three levels, gender-neutral restrooms, modern heating and air conditioning, and a more-pleasant environment all around.