First Unitarian Society is located in the Lowry Hill neighborhood of Minneapolis at 900 Mount Curve Avenue.
- Ours is an urban neighborhood, but free parking is available on neighborhood streets and also in the Vineland Parking Ramp next to the Walker Art Center (we get a sweet deal for parking on Sunday mornings). While nestled into the residential neighborhood, we are easy to reach from I-94, Franklin Avenue, and Lyndale/Hennepin Avenues.
- The main entrance is 900 Mount Curve Avenue, across from Thomas Lowry Park. It is wheelchair accessible, with free street parking.
- Handicapped parking is available on Mount Curve Avenue, in front of the building.
- The lower entrance next to the Walker Art Museum is on Groveland Terrace and has a wheelchair ramp. This is the main entry for LoveWorks Academy during the school day.
- We are conveniently located on bus route 4 and bus route 6
- Bikes are available nearby
- Hourcars are readily available in the neighborhood
Bike racks are available at the Mount Curve entry.
Vineland Parking Ramp
- If you exit by 12:30 p.m., parking is free with a voucher (available from the greeter at either entrance to FUS).
- If you exit past 12:30 p.m. but you have been in the ramp less than 2 hours, it will cost you an additional $1.
- If you exist past 12:30 p.m. and it has been over 2 hours, it will cost you an additional $3.
- Take Hennepin or Lyndale Avenue to Vineland Place.
- Turn west on Vineland Place.
- Turn left into the parking ramp and drive past the outside card scanner machine. Just drive right up to the door and it will open.
- Pull up to the ticket machine and a ticket will print automatically for you.
- You are now on level P1. The pedestrian exit to Hennepin and Groveland is straight ahead (toward the opposite corner from which you entered). As you head straight toward that corner of the ramp you will see the road that leads up to level PM (mezzanine).
- On either level look for the green EXIT sign by the grate housing the fire equipment.
- You will find a stairwell and an elevator. If you take the elevator, go up to street level (one floor up from PM and two floors up from P1) which will take you to the Hennepin Avenue pedestrian exit. If you are in the stairwell, keep going up another half flight from “street level” which will take you to the Groveland pedestrian exit which is just 170 steps from FUS’s Groveland entrance.
- Be sure to get a parking voucher from the greeter at either entrance to FUS.
Pay at the exit
As you exit the ramp there is a drive‐up Pay Station. Insert your parking ticket followed by the parking voucher. If there is a balance you can pay with a credit card.
Pay prior to returning to car
There is a walk‐up Pay Station which is off the Hennepin Avenue pedestrian entrance (a half flight down from the Groveland Pedestrian entrance). To pay there prior to returning to your car, you will need the parking ticket followed by the parking voucher. The Pay Station accepts cash and credit cards. Your validated parking ticket will be returned to you and you will need it to exit the ramp.