The Moving Toward Equity Team (MoTET) was created by the FUS Board of Trustees to develop and foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity. We define these terms as follows:
- Diversity: Diversity is comprised of the differences that make each of us unique, including gender, age, appearance, race, ethnic group, family/marital status, language, culture, sexual orientation, disability, religion, education, country of origin, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, and more.
- Inclusion: How people experience being connected, engaged, valued, and included at FUS. Inclusion begins with the core belief that everyone deserves dignity and respect.
- Equity: Closing the gaps so that factors related to diversity do not predict one’s success, while improving outcomes for all.
Led by MoTET, FUS affirmed the 8th Unitarian Universalist Principle in May 2021: “We covenant to affirm and promote: Journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.”
Chair and Members
- Sue Blackwell, Chair
- Rev. Kelli Clement, Co-Leader
- Richard Seurer
- Denise Victora de Meireles
- Erika Bovee